RECRUITMENT ANNOUNCEMENT: FINANCE OFFICER. 10-15 hours/month, work from home.
Start date: Soonest Application Instructions: Please send a cover letter addressing each point in the job description and a resume to Executive Director Lotte Brondum at email@example.com. We interview on a rolling basis.
RECRUITMENT ANNOUNCEMENT: FELLOWSHIP, India
The Global Alliance of NGOs for Road Safety, a registered nonprofit of Switzerland, is seeking an ambitious and globally-minded recent graduate or young professional to participate in the Alliance’s newly established fellowship program. The fellow will contribute to the development of the Alliance, which serves more than 180 member NGOs working in road safety around the world. Simultaneously, the fellow is expected to benefit a “host NGO,” by providing direct, part-time support to an Alliance member NGO. The fellow will be based and will work out of the host NGO’s office. Location is New Delhi, India. The fellow will provide support in a variety of areas, including grant writing and fundraising, reporting, communications, as well as general administrative support to both the Alliance and the host NGO. The fellow should have a background or strong interest in global health and/or the nonprofit sector. The fellowship is a year-long commitment, with the possibility of a one year extension.
Specific responsibilities of the fellow include:
- Manage Alliance official communication networks including newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, and website
- Assist with proposal writing and development for pipeline projects;
- Develop annual report(s) and any relevant donor reports;
- Provide ongoing administrative support to Alliance Secretariat;
- Assist with English editing and copy writing;
- Provide capacity building and technical support to the host NGO, e.g. through monthly training’s;
- Provide mid-term and final report to Alliance reflecting on fellowship experience and providing suggestions for improvement;
- Receive constructive feedback and use feedback to improve performance and grow professionally;
- Oversee recruitment for replacement fellow, at the end of term;
- Provide support in other areas based on the skills of the fellow and following negotiation with Alliance Secretariat and host NGO.
- Bachelor’s degree related to global health, international development, or another relevant field;
- Work experience, especially related to communications;
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Previous experience with non-governmental organizations preferred;
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred;
- Previous experience in fundraising/development and/or monitoring & evaluation preferred;
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and responsibilities;
- Ability to self-supervise and self-motivate;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, or other language a plus;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, flexibility, open-mindedness, and integrity.
As early as possible and latest 1 August 2017.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Lotte Brondum at firstname.lastname@example.org. We interview on a rolling basis.
Find background information HERE.